Saturday, November 8, 2008

Smokey eyes - red!

I always do some kind of smokey eye when I don't know how I want to do my makeup.
Smokey eyes don't have to be difficult and they're sexy ;)

This is the bold smokey eye I did yesterday :)







I used:

Eyes:
ArtDeco eyeshadow base
Mehron Red paint
MAC Beauty Marked eyeshadow
MAC Royal Flush pigment
MAC Phloof! e/s
MAC Blacktrack f/l
GOSH White kohl pencil

Cheeks:
MAC Royal Flush pigment

Lips:
Lip balm


How to create the eyes:
- Apply an eyeshadow base from lashes to eyebrow
- Apply the red Mehron paint to the eyelid and in the crease of your eye. The Mehron paints are water activated so you have to use a wet brush for them. Blend out the edge of the paint using a q-tip or whatever brush that works for you :)
- Apply MAC Beauty Marked eyeshadow to the eyelid. Try to dab it on rather than swiping. This will give you better color payoff and minimize fallout. The red paint will make the sparkles in the eyeshadow stand out more.
- Apply your highlight color. I used MAC Phloof!.
- Use a red eyeshadow/pigment to blend the color on your lid into the highlight color. I used MAC Royal Flush pigment.
- Apply a black liner on your upper lashline. This is optional but I like a super dark line along my lashes :)
- Apply a dark eyeshadow as eyeliner on your bottom lashline. I used MAC Beauty Marked and smoked it out to avoid a harsh line.
- Apply white eyeliner on your waterline. This is optional but it opens the eyes and I think it looks great with dark eyeshadow :)
- Apply mascara

And the eyes are done :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails